Our Health And Safety Practices
We are a Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) certified grower and distributor of edible produce, and we will continue to operate according to the agency’s stringent regulations.
We will also ensure that additional practices are implemented to ensure we limit the potential spread of viruses and bacterial agents through our Barnston Boxes. These will include, but are not limited to:
- All processing areas being sanitized repeatedly throughout the day.
- Employees being spaced at least 6 ft or 2 m apart working in the same building.
- Employees working alone in different areas when possible.
- All staff wearing masks and disposable rubber gloves during food processing.
- Sanitizing all processing equipment prior to, and after, use.
- Sanitizing all office equipment and regularly contacted surfaces daily.
- Sealing all of our Barnston Boxes in our sanitized processing facility.
- Sanitizing our all surfaces within our company trucks, including handcarts.
- Equipping our company trucks with disinfectant wipes for our staff drivers to use, as needed.
- Preventing unauthorized riders from entering our company trucks.
- Educating all employees in the personal sanitation practices recommended by the World Health Organization.
- Requiring any employee who might feel sick or unwell to obtain health clearance from a medical professional prior to returning to work at our facilities.
If you still have any questions about what we’re doing to keep you safe and healthy, please contact us.